The holidays are over. Yay!

Tear down the tinsel and burn the tree, it's time to celebrate. Honestly, there is no better feeling than cleaning up Christmas decorations post January 1. I'll admit, looking at all that red and green can be a daunting task, but tearing it down is like unto popping a zit. Now that my house has been de-Christmased, it has never looked cleaner and more void of cheer. Yes!

Unfortunately, with the end of the holidays come a return to the hum drum. By hum drum I really mean the violation of all things I enjoy, work. Monday morning as I rubbed the gravel from my eyes at 6 AM, I found myself thinking, "Really, I mean really? This is my life?" Me and the milkman are hitting the pavement by 7 AM, while the rest of America realizes that nothing important should begin before 9. I have a passion for biographies about famous and successful people. Often, the author finds it peculiar enough to point out that said individual woke up early each morning, by 6 AM usually. I'm no George Washington and I never plan to make any kind of significant difference (except for some kind of drinking water empire, which is still in the works), so why must I wake up with the babies and billionaires???

While I am still ranting about waking up, let me point out the fiction of television. Nothing makes me more upset than seeing a TV family enjoy breakfast at an alternate location, i.e. a diner or coffee shop, before school. This is a myth. I don't know of any human being who has their act together enough to go "catch a bite to eat" (TV phrase, not mine, or any other actual person) before 7:45 AM. My grandparents maybe, but not those of us who can actually sleep a solid 8 hours. Plus, they always have the sun out during this time. Hmmm, apparently the winter solstice does not affect TV land.

So, it's all over. Great. But now I have to work. Boo. But, I guess I can tough it out another 4 months and really enjoy my sleep during my 3 month break this summer. A major perk of educating the rising generation of mouth breathers.

3 Response to The holidays are over. Yay!

January 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Mouth Breathers!! Funny, funny, as usual. I don't even know where to begin...but I sure do respect you for waking up so early! I'd probably lose my job if I had to be to work that early.

January 9, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Let me add to the list of people who hit the pavement at 7 a.m. the donut people of the world. Time to make the donuts.

January 18, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I know exactly what you mean. While I don't have to be AT WORK as early as you do, I have to wake at the same time. So I can get into my car and drive 50 miles to my office in Spanish Fork. I may want to leave early sometimes because on occasion they heard cattle across the road and it slows me down.

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes