Modest is hottest?

*NOTE: My sister Lacy showed me the following website, and thus deserves credit for bringing this to the attention of the public.

I'm all about modesty. Well, maybe not ALL, but I am definitely all for it. I, like most Utah women, breathed a sigh of relief at my first Shade party (thanks Katie A. for showing me the way to righteous fashion) when I realized that my bum crack was no longer going to be family dinner conversation. You (Cassie) may disagree with my flagrant disregard for propriety when I wear my camisole tank top backwards, as to expose a bit more clavicle, but that's a debate for another time. Probably in Heaven. However, I have not yet warmed to the idea of flesh-colored Shades, as it gives me the creeps and reminds me of Figure Skaters and Jasmine costumes. All I'm saying is, I can be a prude too.

Apparently, some local designers have taken it upon themselves to make young girls (and boys) miserable by providing their mothers with a more modest swim option. Was there really a need? I mean, the one-piece swimsuit has long been the public swimming pool's indicator of wizards among muggles, but now the standard has been raised. Thank you to Diane Hopkins and her company Swim Modest for bringing a little more fabric to the pool or beach.

The company boasts several features to their swimwear:
• all one piece for ease of movement
• attached sarong skirt
• cap sleeves
• fashionable and comfortable modest swimwear
• feel covered and confident

You be the judge.
I'm pretty sure you won't miss this girl the next time you're hitting the Wave Pool at Seven Peaks. Yes that's all one piece. (Could that be Spanish Fork in the background?)
Little sister is oh-so inviting as she steps gingerly into the above-ground-backyard pool.
They look even better wet. I'm sure all that modesty only weighs an extra 10-15 lbs. when saturated.
And finally, no more looking at little boys' nipples. Sickos. Thank goodness for mesh. But, I think the waistband also covers the pecks, look closely.
Is it just me, or do all these swimsuits remind you of this:

8 Response to Modest is hottest?

Em
April 13, 2010 at 10:41 PM

This is a great post! I was totally creeped out by the swimsuits. Seriously I wonder how many people outside of the local poligamists purchase those suits. Yikes!

April 14, 2010 at 6:59 AM

I have a feeling that Diane Hopkins' walls at home are riddled with vinyl lettered "sayings" and "ancedotes."

April 14, 2010 at 8:09 AM

This is your funniest post yet. I'm sending a mass email for everyone to see. Need to see your cute face!
Andy

April 14, 2010 at 8:46 AM

It may be of interest to know that this was found as a link from a homeschooling website. Shocking. This public school teacher is making no judgment.

Andy, remember how I thought we were at Disneyland on the same day, but in actuality I was in Anaheim and you were at EuroDisney?

April 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Oh dear. Those are terrible. Poor, poor children. And since when are kids that age conscious about covering up at the pool? When I was that young I would have been fine running around naked. Things have changed...

April 19, 2010 at 7:48 PM

false jenny. i don't care what age you are. modest is hottest. i need one of these right now. i think i just found my swimsuit number for the upcoming pageant in August.

April 21, 2010 at 8:29 AM

This is so awesome! Love it!

May 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM

wow chels. these are beautiful suits. do you think that the miss america swimsuit contest would be able to use these? could increase ratings :)

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes