Back-handed

Don't you love back-handed compliments? Most moms do. Recently, the teacher across the hall from me has ended up offending me anytime he has attempted a compliment. I shouldn't care. He's 60 years old and has a cabin built around his desk (fire hazard), but alas, I usually find myself unable to muster the proper response.

Case in point-
A few minutes ago, he stopped by my classroom on his way out. All year he has been hassling me about staying too late after contract hours. Today his comment hit a little too close to home: "Hey, if you keep staying so late, you won't have a choice BUT to make this a lifetime profession." Hmm. . . might that insinuate that my staying late is what is keeping me from being married? Thanks. Ah, career.

Luckily I caught my actual facial expression on camera (below)


*Please tell me you've all seen "Muriel's Wedding."

3 Response to Back-handed

March 16, 2010 at 9:45 PM

i am learning to email.

March 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM

at least you are honest....most of the time.

March 22, 2010 at 6:10 AM

Hey Muriel. I love the new layout. ABBA forever!

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes