The best and the worst

The Best: Celine Dion

I was honored to be a guest of this international superstar/French Canadian last Sunday evening when she came to Salt Lake City. So by guest, I really mean, upperbowl center, with a blocked view of the screen due to a strategically placed lighting system. But, her melodic tones felt like they were just for me. I have a feeling that the drunk mommies in front of me felt the same as they waved their airbrushed acrylics to almost every song. Minus, of course, the chubby one stuffed into her "little black dress," with white flip flops, who took 3 bathroom breaks during the show. Apparently, the Energy Solutions Draft hits pretty hard.

Back to Celine, she was thin (leggy, more like it), beautiful lioness mane, slightly fashionable, goofy to say the least, and a voice that I think rocked Mark Eaton and John Stockton's retired over-sized jerseys more than once. I loved it! So did my mom, or at least I think. Mom remained in a statuesque seated position with her reading glasses on the entire time. She was making a point not to act too excited (think drunk mommies), as the concert was rescheduled to a Sunday night. Sinner.

Needless to say, Celine is the best!

The Worst: Cadbury Mini Eggs

By worst, I mean the most delicious little devils that peak their ugly heads every February as a form of opposition to Lent. There's no way anyone can think of giving up chocolate with those guys sitting in the seasonal aisle of your local Walgreens. UGHH. I hate getting fat before summer. Looks like I will be picking up a 12-pack of Slim Fast Optima come April. Well, as soon as all the Easter candy is no longer being clearanced.

8 Response to The best and the worst

February 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Funny you should write about Cadbury Mini Eggs because I was just at Walgreeens yesterday and had a mental battle that lasted a good minute and a half as to whether I should pick up a package. In the end I resisted, but I still have two more months to cave and will most likely do so multiple times. Thank you Easter Bunny.

February 25, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Sorry to have dumped that bag on you just as you were leaving for the C.D. concert. (This same bag that I had torn open with my teeth earlier that day.) But I had no will power other than to throw them at some innocent bystander, you, and hope they would dissappear. You see, throwing them in the trash can would have just made me think of them. And don't think that they didn't help contribute to the lovely evening you had with mom and Celine. My heart will go on...

February 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I would break the Sabbath for Celine, and I am ZKLP.

February 26, 2009 at 4:42 PM

You people and Walgreens.

February 27, 2009 at 8:00 AM

I am SOOO jealous you saw Celine. Looks like i am sinner too for coveting your Sunday tickets. Ya I considered giving up sweets for lent and then realized Easter candy, which has the best seasonal candy, is here and that just won't happen to try and give it up. So instead I have resolved to the most shady Lent yet.. i am giving up my EXCUSES for not working out. It's a round about way to motivate me to exercise.

February 27, 2009 at 9:19 AM

I blame you completely Kym. And yes Cassie, Walgreens is the most convenient store on the planet. It beats out Harmon's customer service with it's easy parking and small aisles. Plus, you can't beat the clearance carts. Kellee, giving up exuses for Lent, is like a Mormon giving up anything for Lent. :)

February 27, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Speaking of Lent, I'll tell ya what is the worst: when your BFF is Catholic and SHE gives up eating out for Lent. 40 days of peanut butter sandwiches and mac n cheese for lunch is seriously, so depressed (not BLESSED, though maybe she will be) :).

March 3, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Lacy linked me to your blog. It seems we share a unrequited love. Darn Mini Eggs!!

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes