I'm basically famous

Here are some pictures of famous people I saw up at the Sundance Film Festival this weekend. Of course, I did not snap any shots with them because I know how bothersome it can be whenever lots of people want to get their picture with you. Hello, the last day of school is always a paparazzi frenzy for me.

1st Celeb: Amy Poelher
Setting: The bottom of Main Street in Park City
Interaction: Me thinks that is Amy Poehler, "Hey Amy!" She turns around with a smile. "We're big fans of yours!" (Of course referring to my multiple personalities) She responds, "Well thank you for that." Basically, I could have gone home right then. Mission accomplished. And yes, she does have a bit of a baby bump left over from the recent birth of her child with Job. She looked great, and we were wearing the same sunglasses. Obviously.


2nd Celeb: Elijah Wood
Setting: The Foundry Grill at Sundance Resort
Interaction: Really none. It was just him and a couple of friends and us standing near the deli. No boyfriends from what I could observe. The only clever comments I could think of were about his early work in "Radio Flyer" and "The Good Son," back when I considered him a heart throb. So, I refrained from speaking. Not so star struck, and I think that is because I realized that he was type cast for his work in "Lord of the Rings." He stood about 5'5" from what I could tell, with impish features. Exactly the image of a hobbit. No, he wasn't wearing anything around his neck.


3rd Celeb: Wynonna Judd

Setting: Back at the bottom of Main Street, being ushered into the Music Cafe.
Interation: None. I was completely overwhelmed by the color of her hair. ORANGE. I did get to hear her sing, which was a thrill since I have always been a huge fan of the Judds. If you haven't heard of them, just ask Grandpa to tell you "'bout the good old days."


4th Celeb: Jay from "The City," boyfriend of Whitney, downtown boy.

Setting: Mid-Main Street
Interaction: First listening to him speak with a few other Australians. Intoxicating. I will admit that I have been known to say that he is not all that good looking. This is a formal apology. Not bad at all. As for speaking to him, I did say, "Hey Jay!" He looked up with a smile and said, "Yeah?" I so smoothly responded, "It's good to see you." He smiled and waved and we shared a moment. Thank you MTV.

4 Response to I'm basically famous

January 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM

wow, no fair. i'm glad celebs have post baby bumps too. thank you for that confirmation. now i have to dust of my videotape (not DVD) of radio flyer and have a good cry.

January 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM

chels....your skillz with celebs make me green with envy. if only i could converse with them as effortlessly as you do! my only real 'interaction' with one was andy roddick when i was 14. left me shaking. i've regretted my behavior ever since. teach me pleassseeee

January 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Reb, my coolness only comes from a complete lack of reality. The amount of media I bring into my life has created my own pseudo-famous personality. I think of them as my peers.

June 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM

We have photo evidence of Elijah!

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes