Why am I so lucky?


What a miracle? Truly I am being blessed for some kind of behavior that I am not fully aware of at the moment. This real-life phenomenon occured on Saturday while snowboarding with my sister Kym (gorgeous). Every time I go boarding I have to juggle my time between all those that want to spend the day hitting the slopes with me. Thus, a cell phone is imperative.


I should also rewind this story to the fact that while I was lacing up my boots in the parking lot, a well dressed couple approached me with a free lift pass. They were on there way out of town and couldn't use it, and I seem to fit the profile of someone they wanted to bestoy this friendliness upon. Ta duh, more free stuff. Why am I so lucky?


So, while riding the lift to a particularly difficult side of the mountain, I decided to send a text to one of those friends wanting to share my time. Uh oh, when I reached to put the phone in my pocket, it slipped from my hands and plummeted to the ground. There wasn't anything I could do about it at the moment. After the 15 minute lift ride came to an end, my sister and I had no choice but to haul down the mountain across several double-black diamonds in search of the lost and most likely, frozen phone.


I couldn't hope to find the phone in tact, I mean that only happens in movies. Right? Well, to my astonishment, there lay, buried in the snow, was my lost phone. Now, there was no chance this phone would still work, it had been laying there for 20 minutes in frozen water. But, again, another testimony of my Midas touch, the phone flipped open to show it was in perfect working order. Ah! Man, another grreat day.

2 Response to Why am I so lucky?

February 15, 2008 at 1:24 PM

This story is true. I was there to witness Chelsey recieve this gift from the heavens above. What she neglected to mention is that I had already BOUGHT her a lift pass. So she pocketed the one I gave her for a "rainy" day and used the lovely couples pass that day. I am so lucky to be able to rub shoulders with Chelsey. I especially love it when people stare at her.

February 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM

I hate you Chelsey.

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes