See ya suckers!

By "ya" I mean single life. Usually, when a young lady gets engaged, it is appropriate to remain humble and grateful, while not bragging or being boastful. . . well, I'm not that kind of girl. Please note the title of this blog. I fully plan on being atrocious.

As I prepare for the final countdown of singlehood, let me state that my life is probably better than yours. Feel free to judge me, hate me, be jealous of me, or despise my existence, because it doesn't change the fact that I have tricked Dale into marrying me on December 28th.

Things I am looking forward to as a newly engaged woman:

1. My precocious smirk when people talk about how amazing my ring is.
2. Telling future brides that they just have to hire "so in so" to do the "whatever," because he is a GENIUS!
3. Being stressed about planning an event that you were never really sure would happen.
4. Using the word "fiance" nonchalantly to co-workers and Bank Tellers.
5. Saying the phrase, "You've got to kiss a few frogs before you meet your Prince."
6. Smiling with my mouth closed and my head cocked slightly to the left.
7. Using the word AMAZING and AWESOME in more texts.
8. Getting into squabbles with my mom about which relatives should get invites.
9. Responding to questions about Dale with, "I'm marrying my best friend," and then doing number 6.
10. Feeling sorry for single girls because they haven't yet experienced true happiness.

The following are some obligatory photos that might cause you to skip the previous paragraphs of hillarity, but oh well.

(Contrast the proposal pictures with a photoshoot I did by myself earlier this year.)
Photobooth of Eternity
Who, me?
Where the magic happens.
Todd and Rachel: Co-conspirators of Operation Congratulation
Cover your eyes, Daddy Warbucks has adopted me.
Cassie was able to stop by for some "Wow Mom" photos.
Miracle of miracles!
Poor Dale is in for a lifetime of this

17 Response to See ya suckers!

liz
October 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM

there are soo many things i LOVE about this post...

a) you are getting MARRIAGED!
b) the ring. damn, girl. you had me at hello.
c) a photobooth proposal. if i do say so myself those are the best kind. ;)

i'm so flippin excited for you! and i'm glad you and ramona are getting married off at the same time. how presh.

ps. please tell me your colors are blush and bashful. love you!

October 8, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I even paused E! News to read your entire post. That shows you that you mean more to me than Kim K. She totally isn't even dating anyone anyway. Your charmed life is made for TV! Congratulations again!

October 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM

staying true to my comment on facebook i will now post on your blog about my excitement of this nuptial. and my oh my did daddy warbucks do grreat. that must be cost what, 100k?

Em
October 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I'm so happy for you. I think your ring is gorgeous and he's gotta be great, if he is marrying you. When are you coming to Texas, so we can meet him?

October 8, 2010 at 12:40 PM

i love the two photobooth comparisons. very funny. and very very pretty! congrats for like the 5th time! i will now stop stalking you.

October 8, 2010 at 12:48 PM

to piggy back on everyone else's joy i do love this post.
i love that you are marrying someone who can buy you a ring that beautiful.
i love that you are marrying dale.
i love that you were willing to make a post saying all the slightly offensive things that many other "fiance's" only wish they had the guts to say.
i love you.
these loves aren't in any particular order. move them around as you would like.

October 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Thanks for posting this so I can further stock you. Congrats congrats congrats! I'm really happy for you and Dale. :)

October 8, 2010 at 1:23 PM

seriously, best night ever. so glad todd and i could be apart of it. i love you. i love dale. i love love. i love oreo cookies. homemade. i love gap. i love power couples. i love red robin. i love your MARRIAGE ENGAGEMENT WEDDING FUN. and i love this post. you're so happy and i love it.

October 8, 2010 at 3:56 PM

i can't wait for the double wedding on....november 28th?

October 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM

can't wait for this 100,000 dollar ordeal. YES! YES! YES!

kp
October 8, 2010 at 6:49 PM

am I allowed to hate you and be jealous because I'm in category #10 on your list. Just kidding (kinda :) Congratulations!

October 8, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Wow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!! (And I might be really excited to see that you have a blog :)CONGRATULATIONS. Sometimes I wish there was something a little more personal in the use of the word "congratulations". But oh well... it will have to suffice. SO here's something for you... (eh hem, you might need to ignore the visual)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB7IAXrCkO8

October 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I thought it was slightly suspicious that you hadn't posted on your blog for like 3289845 years- glad that it was because you were having too much fun. Congrats again!

October 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Chelsey--congratulations times 27! (Yes, a small numerical coincidence) :) Welcome to Club Wedd. Please register at Target NOW.
Much love from Kansas :)

October 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM

So happy for you! Look at that gorgeous ring. Someday I want to see it in real life. Best wishes!
Hope it's ok I leave a little comment on your blog.

October 14, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Congrats Chels. And of course it came as a complete out of the blue surprise to me...as was always the Chelsey way. Welcome to marriage.

October 20, 2010 at 5:43 AM

You sly little woman. I'm SO happy for you. You deserve the best wedding ever! Cheers!

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes