I did great.

Yesterday I was a baby. Today I am a toddler. At this rate, tomorrow I will be going to school. I am of course referring to my brief staycation from work for some routine Oral Surgery yesterday. What a girl will do to lie on a couch all day. Sheesh. I will admit that although there are some serious drawbacks to oral sedation, i.e. zero hand-eye coordination, quadruple vision, and narcolepsy, it has been quite nice to revisit my childhood with a stay at Susan's.

But the good news is, I did great! At least that is what Dr. Dave and his assistant told me several times during the procedure, and a few more times as I was being wheeled to the front door, only to get up and do my best impression of someone failing a roadside DUI test. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I could have done under the influence of such high-powered meds that would have deserved a "not-so-great" rating from my dentist. Standing up, yelling out, physicality, who knows really? I pretty much slept the entire time and had one humiliating scene where I tried to peel the nail polish off of one of my fingers, but couldn't seem to get my left hand to navigate to my right. So, although the compliments were unwarranted, I'll take 'em.

Of course, I was brought home by my loving mother, who reveled at the chance to treat me like a baby, while I reveled at the chance to let her. Movies all afternoon and evening. Ice cream breaks on the half hour. And more recently, a run to the store to pick me up some pinwheels. Thanks mom. I guess it's all reward for doing such a great job. Now tomorrow, I will be all growed up again.

4 Response to I did great.

January 13, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Lily would have loved to have played with her niece who was a toddler all day. You two could have babbled back and forth with one another. And she loves napping and ice cream. Bummer.

January 14, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Did I say "niece"? I meant toddler "aunt". That would be weird if you were Lily's niece.

January 15, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Wow! The Collins family sure had a great week. Looks like we made a few more doctors rich! We should have all recovered together, with me being blind, Clay high on Oxycotin for his shoulder and you crazy from your tooth drilling, It would of made for one really funny night!

January 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I found that Cool Runnings is even funnier (yes, its possible) on oral meds. Do with that what you want. I took it and ran with it. Ran with it 4 times in one day.

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes