A funny thing happened . . .

This morning I awoke a half an hour after my alarm beeped. This was really no big deal, since I only take about twenty minutes to get ready. Not many girls can say that. In fact, I have found that my slightly thin hair has been a real blessing ever since I started blow-drying it in the 7th grade. After a slimming breakfast of Slim-fast Optima, I got in my car where I turned on my free Ipod Nano to listen to a playlist which I created. Some people pay for these kinds of gadgets, I don't. I arrived at school in a record 11 minutes without a ticket, even though I sped the whole way. No surprise.

While at school, I taught a meaningful lesson about the Holocaust. I mean, I really had these 15-year-olds near tears. It wouldn't be the first time I engaged students both intellectually and emotionally through my impressive presentation style. I always get top marks any time I am evaluated by an administrator. Now I am sitting through parent-teacher conferences, trying to stay humble as parent after parent compliments my teaching and understanding of their child. A girl just related a story in which she left my classroom and exclaimed to her friend, "Man, she's an awesome teacher." Ah shucks.

Well that's where I leave you for now, but I expect the rest of the day will go as well or better than the first half. Please feel free to comment on your favorite part of this post.

3 Response to A funny thing happened . . .

February 7, 2008 at 5:27 PM

I really might just want to kill myself now. The sad thing is...all of it is true. So how am I supposed to handle a post that is meant to sound exaggerated when I know it's all fact?
DAMNIT

February 8, 2008 at 2:08 PM

So Chels. Since your life is absolutely fabulous. I'd like to offer you one free ticket to Park City to come snowboarding with me. Again, free for you because everyone I know showers you with gifts. Do you remember angels trumpting in your birth?

August 9, 2009 at 7:28 PM

you made a playlist

 

Copyright © 2009 Why my life is better than yours. All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes